Online registration is open for the 2021 Spruce Tree Classic. The start is at 10am on June 26, 2021 at the UAF West Ridge Ski Hut. The course is 7.2 miles on the UAF ski trails. Sign ups will close at noon on June 25. Please follow this link to register: https://www.runningclubnorth.org/product/spruce-tree-classic-6-26-2021/
In order to comply with the Running Club’s insurance carrier’s requirements, all participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian electronically sign the waivers on the registration page. No dogs are allowed on the course during the race, please.
Runners will be expected to comply with the approved COVID mitigation plan while at the event.
· All participants to include runners, volunteers and spectators are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but not required.
· Disposable masks and sanitizer will be available for all participants at the start/finish area.
· Individuals who feel ill, have tested positive or been diagnosed for COVID 19 in the previous 10 days themselves, or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 is discouraged from attending the event.
· All event volunteers and RDs will be required to wear masks when proper social distancing can’t be maintained.
· While in attendance at the event, all participants must do their best to social distance from others unless within their household. If social distancing is impossible, participants are highly encouraged to wear masks.
· Spectators are discouraged especially those outside of runners’ households.
· Pens and all other shared supplies will be sanitized between uses.
· Participants will be discouraged from spitting, blow snot rockets, or purposely expressing bodily fluids while within 6 feet of others, the event bib pick-up table, or the start/finish line.
· Participants are discouraged from sharing their refreshments, gels or other items with people outside their household while at the event.
· Closely grouped selfies or photos are discouraged unless with those in the same household.
· Registration will take place in advance online.
· No snacks will be served at the event. Bottled water will be made available.
Race director :
Roy Strandberg, (907) 712-4739, firstname.lastname@example.org
David McDowell: email@example.com